Resurrection Church is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong, and is a daughter church of St Andrew’s Kowloon. It has a vibrant Sunday morning congregation reaching out to the English-speaking community of Clearwater Bay and Sai Kung. We are seeking an ordained Anglican minister who will report to the Vicar of St Andrew’s.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
• Excellence in expository preaching, teaching and leadership.
• High level of biblical and theological skills.
• High competence in recruiting, training and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
• High competence in organizational and management skills, with the ability to work independently.
• The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
• Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
A. General ordained ministry
• Regular preaching, teaching and leading at the Sunday service, as well as extraordinary services (weddings and funerals).
• Pastoral care of church members.
• Building and encouraging a culture of evangelism and outreach.
• Involvement in the community life of the Anglican Province of Hong Kong. This includes regularly attending Provincial and Diocesan meetings, services, and events.
B. Training and equipping of church members
• Recruiting, mobilizing, training and supporting lay leaders for the work of ministry.
• A particular emphasis in growing the small group bible study ministry as a vital part of the church. This includes overseeing the teaching program, raising and developing leaders, and continuing to build the culture of participation in these groups.
• Develop and implement church-wide strategies of teaching and training.
C. Operational and administrative oversight of church affairs
• Oversight of the operational, administration, and management of church affairs, including budget, communications, and property.
• Working with the church committee to ensure the administration of the church supports the ministry.