About the Role
St Andrew’s is an Anglican, evangelical, international church, within the Anglican Province of Hong Kong (Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui). Located on Nathan Road in the heart of Kowloon, St Andrew’s has 5 congregations in English and Mandarin. We are seeking an ordained Anglican priest who will report to the Vicar.
The successful applicant will be a committed evangelical Christian, a humble leader, pastorally warm, hardworking, faithful to the gospel and already fruitful in a similar role. Essential requirements include:
- Excellence in expository preaching, teaching and leadership.
- High level of biblical and theological skills.
- High competence in recruiting, training and mobilizing leaders and volunteers.
- The ability to think strategically and implement programs.
- Formal theological training at a minimum of BTh level.
A. General ordained ministry.
- Regular preaching, teaching and leading across our Sunday services, as well as extraordinary services (weddings and funerals).
- As a senior member of the staff team, working with the Vicar to develop and implement church-wide strategies of teaching and training.
- Pastoral oversight of the 9.30am service.
- Involvement in Provincial and Diocesan events, meetings, and training.
B. Family Ministry
- Oversight of St Andrew’s family ministry, including marriage and parenting courses, and oversight of family ministry staff.
- Coordinating St Andrew’s weddings ministry, including training and support of marriage mentors, and supervision of the pre-marriage counseling programme.
- Coordinating St Andrew’s baptism ministry, including running courses for baptism and confirmation candidates.
C. Pastoral Care
- Oversight of the pastoral care ministry of St Andrew’s.
- Co-ordination of St Andrew’s prayer ministry:
- Monthly prayer meetings;
- Weekly prayer points for Sunday services intercessors;
- Managing the confidential intercessors email group;
- Training and managing the after-service prayer ministry teams.
- Hospital visitation team: supervision and training
- Training lay people in pastoral care (courses, 1-2-1s, etc.…)
- Managing referrals to counselors
D. Adult Education
- Oversight of the church’s training courses, including Sunday morning adult education, PTC, pastoral care, marriage, and parenting courses.
- Liaising with visiting speakers and teachers for courses or one-off midweek seminars.
- Liaising with staff about course administration.
E. Staff reports
- Director of Children’s Ministry
- Director of Youth Ministry
- Part-time Pastoral Worker – Migrant Worker Ministry
- Part-time Pastoral Worker – Women’s Ministry
- Full-time Pastoral Worker – Women’s Ministry (yet to be appointed)
For more information, please contact Diana Barnett (email@example.com). Applications close on the 23rd of September.
To view the online job advert and to apply, click this link.