About the Role
A Benefice of five rural parishes in an “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” close to Ipswich. An area with potential for growth, where the parishes have a common sense of purpose, a supportive lay community and a diversity in style and pattern of worship. A Benefice Administrator and a modern Rectory, suitable for family living are offered.
We are looking for someone who;
- will lead us prayerfully on our journey of faith, and will bring fresh and innovative ideas which breathe new life into our parishes, in tandem with our Diocesan ‘Growing in God’ initiative.
- empathises with a rural multi-parish Benefice, which is set to grow significantly as a result of forthcoming new housing; can demonstrate an affinity with the significant opportunities and challenges which such a Benefice presents.
- has an ability to teach and inspire others, and to demonstrate the relevance of Christianity and the church.
- aims to achieve a balance between serving the existing congregation and engaging the young.
- is willing to listen, and is comfortable with a ‘team approach’ across the Benefice, encouraging the sharing of resources and talents of all, delegating as appropriate.
- encourages exploration of a sense of vocation by those in the Benefice.
- is approachable, sociable and welcoming, practices and enjoys ‘a ministry of visibility’ i.e. attends church and wider village events, acting as an effective ambassador of the Church by engaging with the local community.
- is comfortable with, and willing to develop, different styles of worship and traditions of churchmanship.
- will help us to grow together as a Benefice, whilst recognising and encouraging the richness which diversity brings.
- values and seeks to encourage a variety of styles of music in worship.
- is computer literate.
- has access to own transport.
For an informal conversation please contact The Right Revd Dr Mike Harrison, the Bishop of Dunwich Telephone 01473 252829 / email [email protected]
Closing Date: 10 May
Interview Date: 20/21 May